Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rocky Mountain High


There is something magical about being near majestic mountains and beautiful natural views.  The first time I visited Colorado last summer I felt like I was at Disney Land.  I really did not expect to be so mesmerized by the landscape!  Of course after some time of not seeing those beautiful views, you forget their magic.  
    Enter last week when I got to go back to Colorado with a group of ladies from work for a professional development opportunity.  There was  an electric feeling in the car when those mountains came into view and I think we all felt the child inside of us.  We were laughing and smiling and just going on and on about the beauty around us.  In the end I am so glad we got to do a little hiking before we left.  It was so gorgeous and it inspired this blog!
     The whole experience brought new reflection and meaning to Psalm 104 that I had read earlier that week.  The Psalmist is saying how he desires for all that he is to praise the Lord.  He describes all the wonderful things God created on this earth.  He marvels at the landscapes and the cycles created by God that provides for all the needs of those living here- plants, animals, and people.  He says "O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all." (Psalm 104:24 NLT).   "May the glory of the Lord continue forever! The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made!" (104:31 NLT).  
         I easily identified with the Psalmist while on the mountain!  All the things I saw just made me feel inspired. I could not stop taking pictures of what I found interesting.


Thinking more about it now, I think that the electric/magical/childlike feeling was my spirit woman rising up within me.  She was going crazy with pleasure, acknowledging the greatness of her creator.  Just like the Psalmist she longs for all that she is to praise the lord.  What a great experience!  
       One interesting thing I learned about myself on this trip is that apparently I can find a song to go with just about anything.  I think they joked that I was a "walking jukebox."  So with that in mind I will leave you with a song.....  I have a favorite line and maybe you 
will too!
                        


           
         









No comments:

Post a Comment